Conditions of Carriage
Autopax Passenger Services (SOC) Ltd
Trading as City to City
Passengers are carried subject to, and in terms of Standard Conditions of Carriage,
notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary.
The Carrier is Autopax Passenger Services (SOC) Ltd. Registration number 1995/000861/07,
a public company with limited liability and duly incorporated in accordance with
the company laws of the Republic of South Africa and trading as City to City.
City to City, its Directors, Officers, Employees, Servants or Agents shall not be liable
(whether in contract or delict) in any way whatsoever for loss, injury, loss of
life or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused. Whether or not caused
by the negligence of City to City. Its Directors, Officers, Employees, Servants or
Agents arising out of or connected in any way to the conveyance or non-conveyance
by City to City of any passenger or any person or of the property of any person whether
such property is accompanied by a passenger or not.
- Tickets are not transferable and are valid only for the journey specified on the
- The passenger on entering the City to City coach must display a valid ticket.
- Lost or stolen tickets may be replaced at the sole discretion of City to City.
It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to ensure that the correct information
is contained on the ticket.
- Any alteration to a ticket will render it invalid. Any change of trip to be undertaken requires that a replacement ticket be issued.
- Positive identification may be requested when boarding a City to City coach.
All fares are subject to change without notice. City to City will only be bound by
the fare charged upon purchase of tickets.
5. Right of Admission
City to City reserves the right of admission to any
of its coaches and offices.
6. Departure Time
Passengers must be at the departure points 30 minutes prior to the departure time
as reflected on the ticket.
A passenger arriving later than 10 minutes before the departure time as reflected
on the ticket, will waive their right to such a ticket and such a ticket will be
made available to standby passengers on a first come first serve basis.
7. Payments, Cancellation and Refunds
- Regrettably no payment by cheque which is not bank guaranteed will be accepted.
- Cancellations must be made at the agency at which the ticket was issued, or if
unable to do so, at any Translux/City to City Reservation office.
- Any appointed
agency may, at its own discretion, levy a service fee.
- No refunds within 48 hours
of the departure time of the coach will be allowed.
- No refunds or amendments after
the departure time of the coach will be allowed.
- All refunds, cancellations and
amendments 48 hours or more before departure are subject to an administration fee
of 10% of the ticket fare plus VAT.
- In the event of any request for a refund or
amendment of the original ticket purchased, proper identification must accompany
- Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take not more than one item of personal
luggage not exceeding total volume of 80cm x 60cm x 60cm in size or total mass not
exceeding 30kg for all Domestic services or 50kg for all Cross Border services.
City to City reserves the right to refuse carriage of any item or luggage,
which does not comply with these conditions.
- Unaccompanied luggage will not be
- City to City is not responsible whatsoever for loss or damage to passengers‘
hand luggage or personal effects. property or luggage. (See disclaimer point 2).
- All passengers should ensure that their luggage is adequately insured.
- Harmful chemicals, explosives, animals, reptiles, combustible fluids or toxic substances
will not be carried.
- No bicycles, electronic equipment, fishing rods. surf boards,
abnonnal boxes or perishables will be carried, unless prior arrangement is made
with a City to City Supervisor.
- Additional charge may be levied as per pre-determined
tariffs for excess luggage.
9. Travel documents
- Passengers must ensure that they are in possession of valid travel documents for
all cross border journeys.
- City to City accepts no responsibility for passengers
who are refused entry to any country or territory for any reason. No passenger shall
have any claim of any nature against City to City or its agents if prevented from undertaking,
or continuing with any journey as a result thereof.
Smoking is prohibited on all the City to City coaches.
City to City reserves the right to refuse the consumption of alcohol on its coaches
or not to undertake the conveyance of any passenger who enters the coach whilst
No animals will be carried, with the exception of a trained guide dog accompanying
a blind passenger.
- No children under the age of 12 years will be conveyed without being accompanied
by an adult.
- Children 12 years and older pay full fare.
- Children 3 -11 years
pay a discounted fare (limit of 3 children per one fare paying adult)
- Children younger than 3 years travel free if not occupying a seat. Should more than one child
under three years old accompany the same adult, all successive children will pay
the rates for 3 - 11 years category.
- Positive identification will be required
when the ticket is collected.
14. Passengers with Special Assistance
- Acceptance of Carriage of incapacitated persons or other persons requiring special
assistance is subject to prior arrangement.
- Arrangements must be made via the Call Centre or closest City to City Sales office.
15. Pregnant Women
Acceptance of Carriage of women whom are beyond the 35th week of pregnancy will
not be accepted for travel on any City to City coach without a doctor's letter certifying
that they are able to travel.
- A doctor’s certificate is also required for any
high risk/complicated pregnancies regardless of stage of pregnancy.
16. Time Tables and Schedules
- Whilst City to City will make all reasonable effort to keep to the scheduled timetable,
no liability whatsoever can be accepted by Transulx and City to City for any loss
or damage incurred by any passenger, or inconvenience experienced by any person
due to a delay or cancellation of any service for whatsoever reason.
- City to City
reserves the right to operate substitute coaches/buses with those of a different
standard or modification to those advertised under circumstances such as mechanical
breakdowns and the like.
City to City does not provide general liability insurance cover for its passengers,
their property or luggage. Therefore all passengers should ensure that they are
properly insured (including their property or luggage).
Client Services: 011 774 8304 Call Centre: 0861 589 282